Monday, October 6, 2008

Lovely Weekend

Well, it's Monday...nuff said. But I did have a lovely weekend. It was one of those weekends where you cram more stuff in then you ever thought you could, but come out of it refreshed and well rested. So Friday after a L O N G week I stopped at my favorite wine store on my way to Adam's. Picked up a few or more bottles and headed across the beautiful Howard Franklin Bridge. After a lovely dinner of deluxe mac n cheese with cheese hot dogs complimented by a lovely Cabernet, we headed to downtown st. Pete to join in the "first Friday" celebrations. It was such a nice night out and sitting and catching up with lots of different friends was great. The Rays had one the baseball game so that also brought a great charge to the night. Saturday marked the opening of the "Saturday morning Market" Adam and I headed down with hungry stomachs. We ran into his coworkers and enjoyed some stuffed french toast, crab cakes and buffalo jerky! what a mix. After we went sailing with our friend Tara. Being the experienced sailor i was a bit weary about taking such a small boat out onto the bay, so we tooled around in the harbor before coming in. Then it was time for the beach. Finally we could have our mimosas. ( I wouldn't let them on the boat) It was a great day at the beach, just the right temperature and the water if cooling off. More friends joined us and Adam started up a game of bache ball on the beach while us girls relaxed and snoozed. After the sun had dipped way low and the temp dropped we packed up and headed to Tara's for a great dinner and some Mario Cart. Talk about a fun filled day. Sunday came a little earlier than I'd like, Adam woke up at 7 to head into work, but luckily i was able to fall back asleep and didn't roll out of bed until 10. ahh so nice. I met the girls for brunch downtown and then we walked around and window shopped. Sailing was again in our plans, but the weather didn't hold. Luckily Adam finished work early so we hung out at his place while the rain was coming down outside. I caught up on my new book and he on his football. Sunday night brought about dinner and a movie(iron man :) ). All in all it was a great weekend. I'm grateful for having such good friends and to live in such a pleasant area. Now I'm looking towards a busy week with work, dancing and dog sitting.

No comments: