Tuesday, November 11, 2008

October

So I promised to tell of the good times in my last post...and times have been good. It's been a few weeks full of get together and day trips and Neil Diamond! Yes I was lucky enough to get offered free box seats to see Neil Diamond...and when i say seats i mean plural...18. So I called everyone I know and found some takers. We had originally planned to attend the annual pumpkin party at Mankow's, but Adam straightened me out and said, Let's go! It was a lot of fun and very random. We did make it to the party later, no pumpkin to carve, and there weren't many people left, but we enjoyed good conversation, SNL clips and beer.
The following day I had signed us up for the AIA modern home tour. Something I've attempted to attend in the past, but actually made this year. I didn't give Adam much of a choice in going, and was very happy when I realized he was enjoying it. He used to work on houses and someday soon will work on his own, so he liked looking at all the neat add-ons that go into a custom home. I just enjoyed it because it inspired me...and I'm an archidork :)
And that shower is completely surrounded by curved glass, it's hard to tell but the only thing protecting the gardener from seeing you is a whole lot of plants. It was by far the coolest thing.

Later that night we attended the annual Smith Halloween Party. That's always a good time and there are some great costumes. Adam and I went as Jack and Jill. And believe it or not most of our costume came from target...in the children's dept!

After many hours of fun and a nap in the guest house it was time to go home.

The following day brought us beautiful weather and Tara took us all sailing. Here a couple shots of that:


As you can see it was a great weekend.
We've enjoyed other great weekends...and tours. Trick or treating with the kids, attending my first National Frisbee Tournament (they GIVE you beer!) and Logan's 9th birthday party! at which I got to get my baby Maddox fill and had dinner with my Auntie and Uncle. I also beat Adam in bowling!! 130.



I guess that's were I'll leave off for today. There are much more fun times to enjoy and I hope to share them all.

No comments: